Thursday, November 23, 2023

Teddy Bear Christmas Sweets again! AND Black Friday sale!!

I'm having some fun with teddy bears this Christmas!  And what better way to do that than to make a card with them in traditional Christmas colours and trimmings!  I have one of the characters from the new Teddy Bear Sweet clear stamp set, carrying his big load of candy canes; I imagine he's heading to the tree to hang them all on the branches! 
I coloured the teddy with a layer of Copics first.  Then, I went over most of it with coloured pencil to really bring it out.  I masked it off with the new NoFuss Masks from Whimsy - oh my, that makes masking so quick and easy, no fussy cutting your own mask out! I highly recommend because not only are they quick and easy, they also protect really well, and, they are re-useable if you take them off gently enough! You can get about three uses out of each mask!  And there's no sticky residue left on your card.  It's all a win-win!
Anyhoo, once it was masked, I sponged and blended a couple of Oxide inks - Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio, with a tiny dab of Rustic Wilderness for a shadow on the ground under his body.  Then I used the super cute Fadoodle Holly set by Faye, (LOVE you Faye, waving!!) to decorate the corners and border.  I stamped the holly, coloured it, fussy cut it and glued it down in the corners. 
The striped paper came from the digital pack shown below called "I Dream In Christmas"- I had it on my computer screen in my Pages program, and was able to stretch it out to fill the page.   I wanted to do that so I could make the angled layer that you see with the stripes going at a 45 degree angle (so it had to fill the whole page).  I printed it off and trimmed it to fit my card panel. 
Don't forget to take advantage of the Black Friday sale!! Details in the image above!
All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment