Friday, November 3, 2023

Vintage Poinsettia


It's been awhile since I did any watercolouring, and this beautiful poinsettia stamp reminded me how much I enjoy it!  I should crack open my Twinkling H20's more often!  I love how this turned out.  I opted for a crisp white background so all I had to do was paint the leaves of this gorgeous Christmas flower.  I used a pad of 9 x 12 Canson 140 lb cold press water colour paper and stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black.   I chose the favourite colours of the person who will be receiving this card.  The sparkly frame was die cut from an old envelope (the inside lining) that I had kept to use one day, and this was the day.   It added just the right amount of holiday sparkle!
The stitched ovals for the sentiment came from two different die sets and they happen to fit together beautifully.  
All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment