Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Elves On Christmas (again!)

I am just in love with the red white and green at this time of the year! (truth be told, ANY time of year, heheh!) But this is the time when I get to indulge in it!  For this card, I used Copics to colour my image, then I created a mask for it, applied the mask, and then sponged on some Old Paper Oxide ink.  Then I splattered it a bit with water, then some greenish brown water colour, just so it wasn't a solid colour, all flat with nothing else going on.  I had a wonderful time getting my snowflakes all snowy using a spray glue and some glass glitter!  I know it doesn't sound like I mean it, but I do! I got it down to a system, so I wasn't too overwhelmed with sticky gluey fingers and tiny pieces of glass! I use a box, and put the snowflakes in the box so that there's no overspray on my table.  Then I used tweezers to pick up each piece, and dip it into the crushed glass, and set it down on a sheet of paper to dry.  It did gum up the tweezers, but a little soak in nail polish remover got rid of that in a jiffy! 
On the elf herself, I went over her green clothing with a Wink of Stella pen to give her a real shimmer and shine!  I put an extra photo down below so you could see how sparkly it is! 
I made the striped paper with the Brushed Stripes red rubber stamp, and some bright red Color Box pigment ink and let it dry before trimming it to fit. 
All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!
Look at the shimmer on her outfit, oh my! :-D



 

No comments:

Post a Comment