Monday, December 11, 2023

Monster Daze Christmas!

Heheh, I know some people feel like these monsters do around Christmas time, so I thought it would be funny to do up a card showing their expressions!  I laughed out loud when I saw it all finished with the sentiment.  Heheh! 
This is a lot of fun to make, and you can re-create it with some fancy shmancy masking techniques and lot of patience! I had to hand cut the following for masking - the larger candy canes (from Gnome Warm Wishes), the two monsters, and their hats!  I initially coloured everything with Copic markers, with the exception of the sky, which was done with sponging on Tumbled Glass and Prize Ribbon Oxide inks. 
It was a bit of a heart stopping moment when I started sponging the Tumbled Glass over the more distant and mid ground candy canes - believe me, not for the faint of heart! After all that colouring, at this point, if something goes wrong, it is a scary thought! But thankfully the ink and my hand and the sponge worked in concert, and everything turned out well! I did go over some of the more distant hills with a light coating of Faded Jeans Oxide and even a few sweeps of Prize Ribbon ink as well.  Then, I had the fun of splattering on the snow using Copic White on a paintbrush and tapping it until I had filled the sky and some of the mid and foreground too.  Then it was off with the masks, and to finish it off, I added a few splatters of snow on the large candy canes and the characters - but I kept it light so that they didn't disappear under a hail of snow! 
Another heart stopping moment was putting on the sentiment from Christmas Moments - dang, I am happy I have a stamping platform! I don't know what I would do without it (yeah I do, ruin many a card, that is what I would do, ha ha!). 
All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment