Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Elves On Christmas (again!)


Elves On Christmas clear stamp set at Whimsy Stamps makes up such a fun card, with three little elves to choose from. For this card, I chose the elf that is seated on a wrapped candy! You can see other samples of other elves if you type Elves On Christmas into the search bar on this blog (jussayin!).  I coloured the elf with Copic markers, and added a little bit of white paint pen on the wrapper to give it that transparent look.  I then fussy cut around the image so I could place it on a background I was intending to make.  
The background was made by sponging on three distress inks onto white card - Salvaged Patina, Stormy Sky, and Faded Jeans.  I trimmed it to the size I wanted, then I used a home made stencil to do some splatter technique with a white paint and watercolour brush.  After the spatters were dry, I stamped the sentiment.  The stencil is one I made myself on white card, by cutting out some swirly longish strips.  For this scene, I wanted to make it look like the swirls were magical pixie dust.  I used a glue pen and some glass glitter (Twinklets Diamond Dust) to make it look all sparkly and magical. I love the effect! 
All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!
Thanks for looking!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment