Saturday, November 18, 2023

Doggie Valentine Friends Christmas card

This doggie, from a Valentine's set, quickly became a Christmas doggie just by adding the hat (from Christmas Doggies clear set)!  I had a fun time creating the scene - I used a hand made stencil with swirls cut out of it to make a swirly snowy sky.   I just used the Oxide ink the make a nice inky blue, then used Copic white paint and a water colour brush to splatter on the snow through the stencil.  I love the effect! 
I cut out a couple of Mountain Majesty die cuts for the background, and then a few more "hills" using the Stitched Border Trio, and the little panel with the sentiment is from the Quick Strips die set. I had to use two die cut panels from Mountain Majesty, but they are joined together behind the doggie, so you can't see the seams. 
I coloured the doggie and the hat with Copics, and fussy cut them out to place where I needed them to go in the scene. 
All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!
Thank you so much for visiting!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment