Thursday, December 1, 2022

Jungle Birthday

Hi there! December 1st already?  Taking a break from holiday themed cards to bring you a birthday card I did with the newly released Jungle Birthday clear set! I used a real toothy paper (mistake, really) so there was a lot of dips to fill in - live and learn to turn the paper over next time on the less bumpy side! Anyhoo, I did colour each critter using Copics as a first layer, then went over them with coloured pencil.  I masked them to fill in the sky using Distress Oxide inks, which by the way, actually did take to the toothy paper quite nicely. 
I really love the Boho Alphabet clear stamp set from Whimsy, which is what I used for the greeting.  It is so fun to use and makes any sentiment really stand out!  I stamped them separately and cut them out to paste individually on the card.  It's a bit fussy but worth it to get this effect! 
I framed it with the black and white striped paper from the Fabulous Florals paper pack.  I just cut about one inch strips to frame around the main image panel. 
Your close-up and product links are below, and thank you in advance for supporting my work and allowing me to keep creating! I get compensated for any purchases you make of my images and dies at Whimsy Stamps, as well as other product purchases which you link to through my blog links, so thank you so very much!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment