Saturday, December 17, 2022

Sheltering Love

How I love the Winter Wonderland Stencil!  It makes for some very beautiful backdrops, especially for these little bears! I hope you like the combination too!  I coloured the bear separately and fussy cut him out.  I also created a mask to protect the image from the paint splatter when I was adding the falling snow.  But before I did all that, I used some Oxide inks sparingly to create the look of the distant trees, then a bit more ink on the trees that are further to the mid-ground. The spattered snowdrops are from using Copic White mixed with a touch of water.  I just had some on the end of a water colour paint brush and tapped the brush to get this look.  I had to repeat it a lot until I filled up the scene. Oh, and of course, the bear was masked! I added the word "snow" last of all. Bear is coloured with Copics.  

Close-up and product links below, and just to let you know, I get compensated if you follow the links to Whimsy to make a purchase.  If that's you, thank you very much for your support! And as always, I get compensated for purchases of my line of images at Whimsy as well. Thank you so much for allowing me to continue creating because of your generous support!








 


No comments:

Post a Comment