Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sheltering Love Let It Snow

I think this is my fav Christmas card I made this year!  And it is going to someone very dear to me - Denise of Whimsy Stamps!  She is the BESTest person to work with and for.  I love her so very much, and wanted to show her by making this card just for her!
 I coloured the image with Copics and made a mask for the image.  After it was masked, I used the Winter Wonderland stencil to create the background - using the Oxide ink - Speckled Egg - sparingly to create a winter storm effect.  While the image was still masked, I spattered some Copic white all over to mimic the look of a blizzardy snowfall.  Then, after removing the mask, I put a few spattered snowflakes on the main image, so that it looked like it was really a part of the scene. 
I used the "let it snow" sentiment from the Gnome For the Holidays set, masking off the word "snow", and then just used the word "snow" from the Let It Snow die set, and pasted it onto the card. 
It was easy to create a matching layer using Speckled Egg Oxide Ink around the edges of a white card.  You only have to ink up the edges, so it doesn't take long, or use much product!
Close up and product links are below.  Thank you for your support - if you follow my links to make a purchase, I get compensated, as well as any purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy Stamps.  Your support is what helps to keep me creating!
Thank you for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment