Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Sheltering Love (again!)

It's so easy to do the soft hills with Oxide inks and so I couldn't resist creating another Sheltering Love card.  Since there are no trees where the polar bears live, you don't have to worry about any details - just a few hills to depict the snowy terrain. 
 All I did was colour the image (I used Copics), fussy cut it, and set it aside, then went about creating the hills.  I created some hill "masks" out of scrap paper.  I simply cut a few rounded shapes to lay on top of my main image paper, and then I held them firmly (you can tack them down with temporary adhesive if you don't trust your hands!), and then with a sponge dauber full of ink, I sponged on the colour.   I began   with the sponge dauber on the mask (this is important because it removes the bulk of the ink), and then whisked it towards the page where I wanted the shadows to fall.   Just two colours, Antique Linen and Speckled Egg.  Hint - don't saturate the paper with them - use a light touch, and less is more!  Also, I only used a teeny tiny bit of the Antique Linen over the top of the hills to depict the sunset colours reflecting on the top of them.  I also cut out a mask of the main image to ink the shadow on the ground in front of them.  I hope you try this with your polar bear or penguin images, it is really a fun and creative process, and the results speak for themselves!


I get compensated if you follow the links to the Whimsy Stamps store and purchase one of the products I have displayed here.  I also get compensated if you purchase any of the line of products I have designed for Whimsy Stamps.  So thank you for your support! It means I can keep creating!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment