Saturday, September 30, 2023

Teddy Bear Christmas

Excited to be starting Christmas Cards!! eeek!! And super excited that the "Nightmare" die was created at Whimsy because even though it is from this year's Halloween release, it reminds me of Elf-like designs (think of their slippers and hats!) so I've got it employed on my Christmas card! It was a bit complex to get it looking like this - I used a four layers to get this effect, and created the red and white striped one using the Sun Rays stencil and some red ink. It took some fancy shmancy handling to get them to layer in this way- cutting the layers in various ways to make them fit and inset the frames underneath the subsequent layers. Not easy, but man I love the final effect! It's so Christmassy!
And the new Teddy Bear Christmas Eve set was the perfect addition to the scene, I think!
I coloured up the bear and gifts with Copic markers. They were fussy cut and glued down onto the layer beneath, which was inked with Oxide inks.
All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!

Thanks so much for looking!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment