Monday, September 4, 2023

Halloween Night

My Halloween card making is in full swing and here is another sample from this year's Halloween Night clear stamp set,  with a spooky sentiment and setting.  I am loving the process of making these scene cards using stencils (this time hand-made stencils using card stock which I hand cut) and Oxide inks.  Nothing sets the sinister, misty atmosphere better than some well placed and blended Oxide inks, with a few stencilled on trees and grasses that appear silhouetted against the bright moon.  I just love the effect this creates on a dark and spooky card! I used Black Soot, Scattered Straw, Tea Dye, Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany and Villainous Potion and blended as best I could.  Of course I masked the images first in order to lay the colour down without getting any on the images themselves (the bat and the witch!)
I did colour the image with Copic markers initially, then after I had completed the background, I went over the shadows to darken them using Prismacolor Pencils. I added some white coloured pencil on the branches to make them appear kissed by the moonlight. 
The product link is listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!
Thanks so much for looking!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment