Friday, September 8, 2023

Halloween Night 3

I think I am done (maybe!) with my Halloween cards (for now!) but oh, I am having fun with creating them! For this one, I used one of the witch characters from the Halloween Night set.  I actually coloured her, the bat, and the moon separately this time, and fussy cut them out.  I used both Copic markers and coloured pencil on top later, to really deepen the shadows and even to extend the witch's cloak a bit further to fit the scene better. 
Then on a separate white card, I blended Oxide inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Stormy Sky and Black Soot) to make the background.  I cut out a frame using the Notched squares and carefully placed my witch in the corner, partway behind (her lower part) and then overtop (her upper part) the frame.  I glued the frame onto the inked background, glued on the bat and the moon, and then I drew the trees.  I started with a grey gel pen to do some trees in the background, and then used a black acrylic paint pen to do some black silhouetted trees that look a little closer to the foreground.  I also added some grey gel pen on parts of the branches where some of the light of the moon would be reflected. 
I hand drew the spider and web as well with the black acrylic paint pen (and a bright orange paint pen for the glowing spider eyes!)
Finally, I made a frame using the Oxide inks Crackling Campfire and Mustard Seed, to complement the orange of her clothing and hair. 

All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment