Thursday, October 13, 2022

Santa And Friends

I have another sample from the Santa And Friends set to show you today!  This one is my daughter's favourite from the bunch, so it will be her card this year (Shhhh!!).  I coloured Santa, snowman and stars using Copic markers first,  and put a yellowish glow around the stars with Copic YR30 , and Y11 on the stars themselves.  Then I made a mask to do the sky and glow around the stars. - I used some Oxide inks for the dark sky; Chipped Sapphire and Blueprint Sketch and sponged them on with sponge daubers.  I sprinkled on some more stars while it was still masked using Copic white on a paintbrush. Any acrylic white paint will do the trick too. 
After that I removed the mask and added a layer of coloured pencil on top of Santa and snowman to really smooth it out and deepen the darkest shadows. I also used a white coloured pencil to make some beams of light coming off a few of the stars.
For the backdrop, I used  a sheet from my fav winter paper pack, "Blurry Flurries" and to decorate around the image, I used a few snowflakes from the Elegant Snowflakes And Border die.
Links to all these products below, and thank you in advance if you follow the links to the store and make a purchase because I get compensated, so thank you if that is you!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment