Monday, October 3, 2022

Halloween Magic 2

I'm on a roll with these Halloween cards and it feels amazingly fun!  I just love the look I can get using the Distress Oxide inks to make a foggy night scene card.  It's rather easy too, which makes it even more fun! I coloured the image from the Halloween Magic Clear Stamp set with Copics first, and hand drew the trees and wood planks with the Copics too.  I was going for the look of a picnic table; however, I don't think I got the perspective right, and so it looks more like a fence? I suppose it could be either, but next time I will get some reference photos to get it right! Anyhoo, after I drew in the trees (in black) and hills (using YG93, 95, 97) behind the characters, I left the sky un-coloured because I planned on using the Oxide inks to colour up the sky.  The great part is that it makes everything appear misty and foggy, which only adds to the spooky mood!  After everything was coloured up with Copics, I went over the main characters with coloured pencil to really deepen the shadows, brighten the colours, and smooth everything out.
I masked the image and picnic table before sponging on the Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch, and Chipped Sapphire Oxide inks.  Then while still masked, I sprinkled some Copic white onto the sky for stars using a small paintbrush and tapping it gently to get it to speckle like that.  
I added a few of the die cut trees from the Tree Assortment Die Set over top at the end, as I really thought it looked cool! I just used a Zig Glue pen to glue them on.  The letters were from a retired alphabet die set at Whimsy Stamps. 
Product links below, and thank you for your support - if you click on my links and make a purchase, I get compensated, so thank you, if that's you!
Thanks for stopping by today!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment