Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Halloween Cat

I'm so excited about these Halloween cards I have been making! I just love creating this spooky night sky and spotlighting the main image to make it really pop against the dark background.  I started by colouring in the main image using Copics, and then followed up on the cat and pumpkin only with coloured pencil, to really deepen the shadows and smooth it all out. I hand drew the background trees with black Copic marker. Then I masked the cat and pumpkin and used 2 Distress Oxide inks and some sponges to create the dark sky - Chipped Sapphire and Shaded Lilac.  The shaded lilac makes a bit of a misty appearance and really lightens the black of the trees to a medium grey.  While the mask was still on, I sprinkled on the stars using a small round paint brush with a bit of Copic white on the tip of it.  It doesn't take much! I put die cut bare trees on top of all the layers as a finishing touch.
A close-up and all product links below if you are interested (I get compensated for any purchases you make through my links, so thank you if that is you!). 
Thanks so much for visiting today!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment