Sunday, October 2, 2022

Halloween Magic

I'm really getting into the Halloween spirit this year and have made some cards that I will send to the Grands!  I am excited about making moonlit foggy scenes, which is a lot easier than you might think with the right supplies.  Here's how I did it: 
I stamped the witch from the Halloween Magic set onto white card stock suitable for Copic markers.  I coloured the image with Copics and then used  Prismacolor Pencils to deepen shadows and basically enrich the colour even more.  
Once that was done, I took one of the circles from the Stitched and Pierced Circle Die set and cut out a circle to help make my moon.  I laid my die cut circle over top of the witch image and used it to lightly trace the outline for my moon, then set the die cut aside (to use later as a mask). Then using photos found online of the full moon as my guide, I used YR30 to colour over the whole moon and then some light warm greys (W0, 1) to make the markings of craters and spots. 
I fussy cut the whole thing out and then prepared my background on a fresh sheet of white card.  I started by drawing some naked trees with a black Copic sketch marker.  Then I temporarily adhered my circle mask where I wanted the moon to be. With the mask on, I used Distress Oxide Shaded Lilac and a sponge dauber to get that misty glow look around the moon, but left the 2 upper outer corners blank.  I blended Distress Oxide Chipped Sapphire out from there and filled in the top corners with that darker ink.   I used Shaded Lilac on the bottom quarter of the card to give it a bit of a horizon glow down where the trees were. I also really love how it lightens the black trees I had drawn in, and makes them look like there's a mist all around them!  I went back and forth with these two inks until there was a seamless blend between the two, leaving that ring around the moon to be mostly Shaded Lilac so that it would look nice and bright.  
I cut out a second mask for the witch image and laid it over top of the image so that I could sprinkle in the starry sky.  I used Copic white on a small round paintbrush with just a bit of the Copic white on the tip and  tapped the brush until I had enough "stars". 
It was time to take the masks off, and then make the tree silhouettes for the foreground. For those I used Tree Assortment Die Set and some black card stock.  They went on easy peasy with my Zig glue pen. 
I had such a blast making this card! Products used with links are below (and remember I get compensated for any purchases you make through my links, so thank you in advance if that is you!). 
Thanks for looking!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment