Sunday, December 17, 2023

Santa's Magic!

I'm still going strong on Christmas cards over here, and having a lot of fun getting into the spirit of the season!  For this card I wanted to make a magical scene with Santa flying through the sky.  The other six reindeer were taking a bit of a break I guess, heheh, but that's allowed.  
I wanted to do a fainter line on the stamped image, and so I used a grey - however, after the colouring was done, I did go over certain lines and re-draw over them with a Copic liner pen because they did need to be defined - especially around the character's eyes, nose, mouth and eyebrows, but also a bit on the sleigh runners and reins.  Other than that, I used Copic colours all over the main image and in the shadows of the moon, but all of the sky and trees was done using Oxide inks.  
I actually had the image stamped first, with no colour, then carefully cut out a mask to put on top of it.  I also cut out a circle to use as a mask where I wanted the moon to go.  Once the image and the moon were masked, I went to town sponging on the Oxide inks.  I started with Speckled Egg and Tumbled Glass in a halo around the moon, then Stormy Sky blended gradually into Prize Ribbon.  While everything was still masked up, I used the Winter Wonderland stencil and Black Soot to give me the tree silhouettes.  I was careful in how I ended the trees at the bottom - I wanted to avoid any abrupt endings, so I went back over the bottom areas under the trees with some more Stormy Sky and Prize Ribbon until it looked all misty and blended nicely. 
I left it overnight to dry because I didn't want any smears happening when I was colouring up the image and the moon! Once I was done colouring everything, I used a home made stencil and spattered on the little bits of snow in the pattern you see.  I took the stencil away and added a few more spatters here and there, then stamped the sentiment and called it done. 
All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!
Thanks so much for visiting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment