Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Doggie Naughty!


I was late getting a few birthday cards out, but my recipients didn't seem to mind when I presented them with this cute, innocent little doggie scene card!  I had a great time making the forest background with one of the dogs from my latest Doggie Naughty clear stamp set!  I also used some background trees from the older and discontinued Gnome Build a Scene Forest stamp set from a few years ago.  Usually grass is drawn in mostly vertical lines.  But I used these sweeping horizontal strokes with the alcohol markers, and it actually works really well to give the appearance if a soft grassy area.  Thank you and a shout out to Amy Young of Sweet November Stamps fame, for inspiring this type of treatment for grassy hills!
I used the Quick Strips die set to frame a couple of sentiments for the front of the card.  It was a hit!
I do get compensated when you follow the links to make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps, so thank you in advance for your support that allows me to keep drawing new images to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment