Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Turtle Tales 2

Here's my second offering of a card made using these cute turtles from the new Turtle Tales!  It was a pleasure to colour and make! 
I enjoy making some cards without a complex background.  You can get a lot of impact to the card by just simply giving a grey shadow under the main image to "ground" it, and leaving a lot of white space.  It draws the eyes naturally to the most colourful part of the card - your main image - making it grab the viewer's attention.  The other details like the paper that frames it and the die cut layers add enough interest without taking away from the main event.  I coloured this with Copics, and the light neutral yellow background paper was made using Scattered Straw Distress Oxide ink that I sprinkled lightly with a bit of water droplets for some added texture. 
All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated, even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!
Thanks for visiting!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment