Monday, March 4, 2024

Donkey Love

What a hoot to colour up this scene for the donkey in the bath tub! hehe This went to one of my daughters for her birthday and she loved it! 
I drew the bathroom scene around the image after I masked it up with my own hand made mask.  I used a very light grey Copic to lightly draw where I wanted all the details to be - the baseboard, curtain, towel rack and subway tile.  I used a straight edge for the subway tile, but you'd never know that I did... I'm not a straight line kind of gal, so even with a straight edge, my lines are a bit wobbly - oh well, such is the nature of hand drawing! Once everything had a place to go - towels, curtain, tile, baseboard and bubbles, I started filling them in with colour using Copic markers. After all the drawing and filling in with colour, I went over the bubbles using a Wink Of Stella pen.  The sparkle would only show in a photo if I turned the paper at an angle, as you see below. I used a white paint pen to add a few highlights in the bubbles. 

The product link is listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!

Donkey Love clear stamp set:
Thanks for looking!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment