Thursday, October 5, 2023

Teddy Bear Sweet


This little Teddy Bear has quite a collection of Christmas cards to send (or, did he just pick them up from the post box?).  I remember when we used to get a huge pile of Christmas cards in December when I was growing up.  They sometimes arrived in red and green, gold or blue envelopes too, which I found extra exciting to see.  It was such a cheery thing to have happen every Christmas season, and I am doing my part to keep the tradition going!   
I coloured the bear first with Copic markers, and then went over it with some coloured pencils. I masked it up to fill in the background using the Winter Wonderland Stencil and some Oxide inks. 
I just love a grey and snowy day and that is the look I was going for!  I completed the look with the Evergreen Trees die set.  The snowdrops were done using Copic White on a paintbrush and tapping the paintbrush to make the spatter effect (with the mask still on the image - oh, and I doubled the mask with an extra piece of paper because those splatters can penetrate a single sheet of computer paper).  It would have been easier with the No Fuss Masks from Whimsy Stamps but I have yet to order mine - definitely a must-have, especially with these teddy bears as I can foresee a lot of Christmas cards yet to be made with these guys! 

All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated (at no extra cost to you) even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment