Saturday, March 25, 2023

Fox Family - Father's Day

This image really captures the heart and soul of my husband when our kids were young - this is one of his favourite things to do - out at night with us, by a campfire, roasting marshmallows!  Fox Family, my new clear stamp set, helps celebrate mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, and new babies, all in one set.  Some of the images could even be used for friends as well, as a couple of the foxes are single images. 
I opted for a simpler way of rendering the look of fur - instead of drawing all the individual tufts of hair, you can see I made more generalized strokes to give more of an impression of fur.  It is actually easier to do, once you get the hang of it!  I started with a light layer (the lightest yellow-red you can see in the close-up) and made sure to leave some of that showing for the highlights.  Then you just have to make these "Z" or "M" shapes with the medium and darker tones, leaving the highlights untouched, and don't blend too much, so that you can see where one colour begins and another one ends, in that "Z" pattern.  It takes a bit of practice, but it is SO much easier (and faster) than trying to draw in every hair!!
I masked the whole picture with a circle so I could use Oxide inks to create the medium/dark blue, adding drops of water on it for some cool bokeh effects.

All the product links are listed below - and If you make a purchase at Whimsy Stamps by following one of my links,  I get compensated, even if it isn't a product from my line -  And of course I get compensated for every purchase you make from my line of images at Whimsy too.  Thank you so much for your kind support - because it means I get to continue drawing for Whimsy and having fun with all of you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment