Monday, November 2, 2009

Spread The Love For Jaimie Blog Hop

Jaimie's card close CA

This is a very special Blog Hop post today. I hardly know where to begin... Here is the story of an eleven year old girl who needs us to reach out to her right now. This may make you weep (as it does to me whenever I think about it):

"On October 4th, 4 teenagers armed with knives broke into a home in a small town in New Hampshire. Alone and sleeping inside were a mother and her 11 year old daughter. These 4 boys broke into this home with the intent to rob and kill anyone inside. They stabbed the mom, Kimberly Cates, to death and left her daughter, Jaimie, for dead in their driveway. It was a completely random act, their home was chosen only due to its secluded surroundings."

Our hope is that everyone hopping around today will stop for a moment and think about Jaimie and her father and what life must be like for them now. One moment in time has changed their lives forever. We are asking that everyone reading this message please take a moment to make a card and send it off to Jaimie. You can make something very simple or much more involved, but please share some words of hope and love and let her know that people do care and want the best for her. Please send your card to the address below:

Jaimie Cates
c/o Mont Vernon Fire Station
Main Street
Mont Vernon, NH 03057

You can read more about Jaimie HERE and find out more details about this card drive. That link takes you to a blog that was created just for this cause. Some companies have donated products as prizes for randomly chosen participants in the blog hop who send a card to Jaimie. Their way of encouraging participation. Personally, I don't need the motivation. The story was enough to seize my heart.
The Blog hop will end on Monday, November 9th at 10am EST. That is when the draws take place for the random winners of all the blog candy that has been donated by our generous sponsors.
There is a link on the blog for Jaimie (right side bar) for you to donate money to Jaimie's family via Paypal if you wish to help that way. I am sure Jaimie's medical expenses will not come cheap.
This LINK takes you to a news article that tells how how she is doing. It also has a picture of Jaimie. Here is another link to a news article with a public statement from Jaimie's father David .

If you have landed on my blog randomly and want to start at the beginning, go to KATHARINA'S blog.
If you have arrived from CINDY'S blog, you're right on track.
Your next hop is at SIMONNE'S blog.

This card is going to Jaimie.

Jaimie's card front CA


Thanks for coming by for a visit today. Sorry about sharing such a sad story, but I thought you might like to know so you could help bring some cheer to Jaimie.
Bless you, dear readers. Let's count our blessings today.

EDITED TO ADD:
Also wanted to announce the winner for yesterdays blog hop for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps:
The sixteenth commenter was chosen by Random Integer Generator and that is
Angela. Here's her posed comment:
This is so cute!! Love the way you have coloured him and those snowflakes are gorgeous,
hugs Angela x

Congratulations Angela! Please contact Kim of Kraftin Kimmie Stamps to give your your mailing address!

63 comments:

  1. such a fun and cheerful card! I am sure Jamiee will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Crissy it is a sad story, but it's so wonderful to see the outpouring of love and caring thoughts for Jamie and her family. This card you've made is sure to bring a smile to her face, and I know that all of the cards will let them know they have so many people praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute image and what a great card for Jaimie! Being a participant in the blog hop, I am just hopping around to see all the lovely cards the participants made. Jaimie is really going to be touched!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came to get the direct link to your post since I'm on the hop just before you and had to stop long enough to comment on how absolutely adorable this is!! Jaimie will love it and be sure to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crissy, this is just adorable and sooo very stunning!! I always adore your coloring detail and I love your layout in your card for Jaimie!! Bless you for your support and time!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable card! I am sure she will be thrilled to get this cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card you made for Jamie! It's beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just the cutest ever Crissy! I love that sweet image and I'm sure Jaimie will too! Great pinks and love the details. Thanks so much for joining in our efforts and for all the extra ways you helped out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Crissy :-) very cute ,,, I am sure Jaimie will love this :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colouring and wonderful card. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopped by to say thank you, I will look forward to my new candy!!

    I have to say how sad this story is, I will send a card to Jaimie as soon as I have one ready,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for helping spread the word! Your creation is awesome and I'm sure will bring a smile to Jaimie's face!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful beautiful card. Jaimie is going to love it. I am so glad to have joined this blog hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card Crissy and Jamie will love it, Gorgeous colouring and I love the flower, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is sweet and obviously created with love. Jaime will love it. Such a sad story. I am sending Jaime loving thoughts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it Crissy, those cats are way too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sweet card! I know she will love it.

    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is purrrfect! I love the image! I hope Jaimie loves it too! Glad to be a part of the hop with you!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well said Crissy! I saw this post on Kim T's blog and I think it's great you're encouraging others to use their talents to spread HIS love. Your card is beautiful too and I'm sure she'll love it. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! I've made one and will be sending it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Crissy - three real little cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a sad story, i am sorry to hear about this. your card is super cute and this is one of my favorite wags images that you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card is the cutest! The image is so cheery and fun and the card itself is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the card you have made and, while the events that have lead to this are tragic, the way people have stepped up to show love is amazing and reminds us that there are more good people in this world that there are heartless folks

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your card its fantastic. This is such a sad but very worthwhile cause. I think we have all been deeply touched by it and I don't think any of us need any motivation. I will be making my card for Jamie today along with my children and I hope that we can all together show her a wee bit of love and hope for the future. Thanks for letting us know about thjis
    Hugs
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I also made a card for Jaimie and I hope that God will be done. Thanks for allowing us to hop for Jaimie.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i'm sure she'll love it, have posted my card to her today :0)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a pretty card!
    Jamie will LOVE it!
    So glad to be a part of spreadig the love with you!
    Hugs,
    True :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Crissy! Your new drawings are so CUTE! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  30. your card is just stunning! I love the sweet image and the sheer awesomeness of the coloring! Congrats on being a new designer for Whimsy Stamps, I can't wait to see what you come up with!!! YEAHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am thrilled to be part of the hop with people like you! this is such a wonderful card that will truly brighten her day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Super delightful, Crissy! She'll LOVE it! Your illustrations are fabulous! Congratulations on working for Whimsy Stamps, Denise is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful card. As always...your coloring rocks! This image is precious!!!

    Hugs and big thanks for bringing this to my attention. I hope Jaimie feels all the love and prayers lifting her up.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is fantastic! Love all lovely detail and the image :)

    Blessings,

    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  35. Still working my way through the blog hop, this card is precious, I love these images.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Crissy

    your card is absolutely gorgeous, the image is beautiful

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Super Cute Card Cindy, sure to make this special little girl smile, I have just had a dander at your blog and your children are gorgeous, Hugs Avril xxxx ps Nice Hubby too...LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sorry I got your name wrong Crissy, please forgive, all mixed up, and am getting old....Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a cheery cute and fun card!! Thank you so much for mailing it to Jaimie and for spreading the word about the hop. Hugs, erin

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous card!

    I'll make mine to her tonight.

    Hugs, Susa

    ReplyDelete
  41. Cute image, just adorable, beautiful colouring, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  42. your card is cute, cute, cute. I think Jaimie will love it.
    here's the card I made and sent

    http://easilyamused-chrisv.blogspot.com/2009/11/color-throwdown-for-cause.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW - your card for Jaimie is gorgeous!
    Lovely colors and I just love the image!
    Take care xx
    Anne -:)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your card is sooooo cute! Love that image and the colors and everything. I pray this outpouring of love will lift the Cates family.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is just so adorable with loads of character and of course one can never go wrong with pink.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fantastic card - extremely cheerful for Jaimie! Thank you for the links to the press releases although reading them was hard as I watch my six year old son play in the next room. Thank you for raising awareness for Jaimie.

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is such a wonderful image!
    Beautiful card Crissy, Jaimie will love it!
    Blessings, Maria
    ... Joyful Stamper: Blog Hop & Card Drive

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love the kitties Crissy! Thanks for joining in the Spread the Love blog hop. I'm overjoyed at the number of caring people in the stamping community - Jaimie's sure to be pleased! My card is here.

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a fab card you've made for Jaimie. Here's my card that I made for Jaimie

    ReplyDelete