Thursday, November 5, 2009

Butterfly Caller

Butterfly caller front

I bought this irresistible gorgeous digital image called, "Butterfly Caller" from a good friend and fellow illustrator Chris Dark. Although we have never met in person, we have met online and help encourage one another in our business ventures. Chris means so much to me, and is so kind and supportive. I sure would love to meet her face to face!
I love her fairies and this beautiful Butterfly Caller; they are so whimsical and enchanting. I was so pleased to actually get time to color this one up! I hope Chris is happy with what I did with her art work! Hi Chris! Waving!
Sometimes people ask me if I like to use other images, other than what I draw myself. The answer is yes of course! There are so many images I adore and would love to use. My personal favorite stamp artist, if I had to narrow it down to one, would be Shelly Commisky who draws for Whipper Snapper. Other favorites include Chris Dark (of course!) Mo of "Mo's Digital Pencil", Anna Wight, also of "Whipper Snapper", anything that comes out of Elizabeth Bell's pen, Magnolia, Bildmalarna, Hanglar and Stanglar, Kettos of Stamping Bella, Gorguss Girls, Inky Antics, and more.
The fact is, I have many stamps I designed that I haven't had time to ink up and color myself! Yet I feel very strongly that I have a responsibility to use the images I draw. One of the reasons I feel that is because it helps advertise the stamps and helps the companies I draw for to succeed.
I guess you could say that the reason you don't see me post much from other stamp illustrators is because I simply don't have time. I'm not complainin', just explainin'!
That's why I am so excited about this post! I actually found the extra hours to make a card from one of my favorite artists in the business, my dear friend Chris Dark!!!!!
Here's a close up of Chris's beautiful fairy with my Copic coloring and sponged ink (around the edges and into the background):

Butterfly caller close

God bless you, and thanks for looking and for reading, and don't forget to go see Chris's marvelous art work at her site HERE!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! and yes Chris is a wonderful person and the art that flows out of her is just breathtaking.........
    have a great day...
    janny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow! As ever I am in awe of your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Crissy,wat een mooie kaart is het geworden!Het afdrukje is wondermooi!Knap gedaan,knuffel Celia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Crissy! I love the softness you achieved in the background! The pearls are the perfect embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning image and card Crissy, so pleased I made a turn by you today. Blessings Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Crissy, such a lovely image and beautifully coloured too. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is breathtakingly beautiful. i love just lovely colouring and the image is so fairy-like. Totally FAB :).

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous image and a stunning card Crissy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Crissy. Your post touched me today. I enjoyed reading how you support (and promote) other illustrators as well as those companies for which you create your beautiful images. You are a wonderful artist and we are lucky to enjoy your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOHHH! This is a beautiful image and your coloring is perfect! I love the butterflies too - very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been over in ages and ages, I've missed so much! Fabulous cards!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just stunning Crissy! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete