Sunday, March 8, 2009

HHC21 Zigs and Zags


Todays challenge on the High Hopes Blog is brought to us by Anna Wight! She would like us to use zigs and zags on your card; it is open to your own interpretation. I chose to use my sewing machine, as you can see.
I stamped Ms Griffon with Versafine Onyx black ink on Canson 140 lb cold press wc paper and painted it with my Twinkling H20's. I sponged the edges of the main image with Memories Chestnut brown dye ink. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the balloons, highlighted them with a white gel pen, and added some glitter using my Diamond Dust.
Don't forget that if you want to join this challenge and post a link to your card on the HH blog, your name will go into the draw for two free stamps from High Hopes!
So, we have had some above zero temperatures, and actually lost about a foot of snow! However, we are expected to get two inches tomorrow. Two steps forward (towards spring!) one step back.
I watched "Fireproof" with my hubby lastnight. The acting and some of the dialogue was under par, however, it is worth the watch because the message was so powerful and the story was so moving. I highly recommend it.
May you have peace in your heart today, and just a little more trust in God than you had yesterday. Remember, He is good! And He loves you!
Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read and look!

13 comments:

  1. So very cute, Crissy...love the coloring (goes without saying) & all the stitches. We're having crazy weather...it rained for 2 days, then today it turned to snow!! Good grief....Mother Nature just can't let us enjoy grass, can she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Crissy.
    Ms.Griffon is adorable, so beautifully colored and your shading on his feet and beak is amazing. Love those diamond dusted balloons too!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous Crissy!! The glittery balloons are great! Outstanding coloring, they are like little paintings!!

    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful - so vibrant!!! Superb colouring hun and love your stitching and balloons. Have a fabulous week
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Crissy! I am so amazed every time I see a creation from you. The colours, the design. Its all right! You have such a talent!
    Have a wonderful week:)
    Hugs, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one really makes me feel for a party !! Very inspiring !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet! I love the sparkly balloons and your stitching is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Crissy! The colours are fantastic and the sparkly balloons are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Crissy and I love the colour scheme, Gorgeous colouring as always and just love the glittery balloons and your fab stitching, big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab card! I love the bright colours you've used and all the shading looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous and fun card, fantastic colouration as always. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Crissy, I love your pretty stitching and I love the saying.
    love
    Zoe
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Fabulous colors, sparkling balloons, does it get any better!

    ReplyDelete