Thursday, August 29, 2024

Gnome Friends


I had a wonderful time creating this scene card with this little gnome from "Gnome Friends", a clear stamp set at Whimsy.  It is for a purple loving person, so I had to include that colour!  I primarily used Copic alcohol markers to illustrate the scene.  The gnome was the first thing stamped and then coloured. Then I cut out the panel with a retired Whimsy Stamps die, and proceeded to create the background.  I drew it in starting in the sky  and drew around the clouds with BG32, then filled it in.  I used BG 11 to fade out and then into G20.  When I did the medium tone background trees, I got a misty, faded look by dipping the tip of the marker in a teaspoon or so of blender solution in the bottom of a cup.  It helped to make it look rather misty, which I love! 
I used some coloured pencils on the gnome to really bring up the colour saturation and make it stand out more.  I created the mossy look under the mushroom by using the tip of the blender pen to make little dots all over it.  There is glitter on the wings (can't see in the pic) and a white paint pen to make the sparkly magic dots.  Thank you Sandy Allnock and Amy Young for that inspiration! And thank you for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment