Friday, May 6, 2011

Challenge: Flowers

Today I am showing another water coloured image that is part of a series I am doing for my friend.   This is an image I did for Kraftin Kimmie Stamps called Stripes the Zebra.   Stripes is on 140 lb. wc paper and painted with artist quality water colour paints.   The challenge this month over at my Sundays With Crissy challenge blog is flowers.  I thought Stripes would look good with a few wildflowers around him, so I tried to give the impression of Devil's Paintbrush wildflowers among some yellow grass. 
For the most part, I did not paint any colour onto the white of Stripe's body, except where I wanted to show shadow.   I began the painting with a light wash, wet into wet of Windsor Blue for the sky.  The bushes in the distant background were easy to do.  While the sky was still wet, I dropped dabs of various colour off a very wet paintbrush.  When it was a little drier, but not quite dry, I added some darker green shadows to give the bushes some definition.  Here is your close-up:
I hope you will be able to join in the challenge this month.  It's easy - just have at least one flower included in your project.  It can be a flower embellishment, a flower in the image, flowery designer paper, a flower charm, hand drawn or painted, whatever way you wish to add a flower or three or ten, it's up to you! 
Thanks for coming by today!


5 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Crissy this is incredible!! Your scene around Stripes is amazing and I think I have to go order him now he is sooooo cute! thanks for sharing! hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow is right! This image is adorable and the coloring is awesome. Love how you did the grass and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome Krissy, i dont know how you colour like that its fabulous! love this image soooo cute!
    Hugs Di xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey gorgeous lady WOWWWZZZEERRSS this is just stunning i am speechless hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful Crissy.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete