Friday, September 12, 2008

Love Letter to God 3

Hello again Lord. Thank you for the reminder today that I am forgiven for all my sins. You brought to mind the time Jesus answered the question, "how often must I forgive my brother?". The answer, basically, was an infinite number of times. This morning you asked me, if you commanded us to forgive that much, would you forgive less? The answer is clear to me; there is no way we could be more forgiving than you. Then you graciously expanded on that thought and told me that there is nothing you would ask me to do, that you hadn't done before me. You are the one and only original, Lord.
The enemy has such a way of making me feel not forgiven. But I lean and totally rely on your word to me, that yes, I am forgiven and yes, I remain yours, forever.
Once again, my heart is renewed in your holy, all encompassing love.
I love you.

Micah 7: 18, 19 Amp. "Who is a God like You, Who forgives iniquity and passes over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retains not His anger forever, because He delights in mercy and loving-kindness.
He will again have compassion on us; He will subdue and tread underfoot our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. "

5 comments:

  1. Isn't being forgiven for all our sins a glorious thought! That is why I love the hymn "It Is Well". I LOVE the verse...My sin, oh the bliss of the glorious thought. My sin, not in part, but the whole is nail to His cross and I bear it no more. Prais the Lord, Praise the Lord, oh my soul.

    I just found your blog a couple of days ago. I love how you express your love for God. Thanks for being an ecouragement to all who read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song, and that part of it is also my favorite part. It will take us an eternity and still we will not know the depths of that great love. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. I love this letter. You touched my heart.
    Thanks,
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Crissy,
    Praise the Lord...
    First of all, forgive my English, I am Spaniard...
    Surfing I have found your blog...and I read about your love for Jesus Christ...I was born again when I was 12, now I am 47...I love God more than nothing... because He loved me first...I feel the same as you,so I am very happy to see you proclaiming Lords Name..
    In His love
    BegoƱa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the reminder and for boldly proclaiming the name of Jesus for all to see. May the Lord bless and keep you.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete