Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Touched By Love

You may (or may not) remember this from last year's digital catalogue at Whimsy Stamps! This is "Touched By Love".  
I used some of Tracy's gorgeous Christmas Tidings Paper as well as some from her Christmas Cheer pack at Whimsy. Both those packs can be found HERE. I coloured "Touched By Love" image with the following Copics: 
Skin: E00, 01, 11, 21, RV93, V91 (I also went over the flesh area a bit with some Prismacolour pencils, once I was done in Copics)
Blonde: YR20, E44, 47
Manger: E31, 33, 35, 37
Ribbon: RV32, R56, 59, RV99, 0
Holly: G21, 24, 94, YG61, 67
Wings: E40, V91, E70, B60, 0
Blanket: B60, BG90, V91
Dress: BG90, V91
A lot of people leave white objects un-coloured. But if you want to make the white of an image look closer to real life, there has to be some shading in there somewhere. I don't colour over the entire area, just the areas I think would be more in shadow. And since white is always reflecting the colour of things around it, you can use a variety of very light shades to get your white shadows. 
I'm sure enjoying this Christmas in July!
Hope you are too!
Blessings,
Crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment