Friday, December 3, 2021

Christmas Deer


 I had so much fun with this one! I first stamped the deer on my Hammermill Cover Copy 100 lb paper, coloured it, then stamped it again on a regular printer sheet and fussy cut out that second one to use as a mask.  After I taped the mask overtop of my coloured deer, I was able to sponge on several Oxide Inks - I used Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass starting at the top with the darkest and getting lighter as I worked my way down to the bottom. While I still had the mask firmly in place, I spritzed the whole thing with water to create that mottled effect.  I then used some Copic White paint to splatter some snowflakes all over.  I carefully painted the snowflakes coming off the hooves in a swirly pattern for that added magical look!  For the houses and trees, using Chipped Sapphire, I stamped them off once to get the bulk of the ink off, so that when I stamped them on my panel they would look like they do - faded and like they are in the snowstorm. All I had to do after that was stamp the sentiment, trim it and layer it onto the card.  Products used: 


Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment