Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A Guy Card; Barnyard Squares

Hi Peeps~ 
Here's my new Barnyard Squares set, a clear stamp set that came out first of May at Whimsy Stamps.  I wanted to make a birthday card for one of my son-in-laws, and this seemed like the perfect fit.  This set goes for either guys or girls though, because you can put them in a more feminine setting if you want, as many already have.  I coloured the images using Copic markers.  The background wood grain was made using a red rubber background stamp called "Farmhouse Shiplap".  For the wood grain layer, I inked up the white card first as I imagined old barn wood to look.  I used various Distress Ink Oxides for that. Then I stamped the Farmhouse Shiplap in black after using the Distress Oxides. If you stamp first and Oxide ink later, you end up covering over the lines of the wood grain, so the order is important.  The word "happy" is a die at Whimsy Stamps, but the word "birthday" was from an older die set that has been discontinued.  Thank you so much for looking today!

No comments:

Post a Comment