Thursday, May 12, 2022

Gnomes At The Beach!



Made this "anytime" card for my hubby Mike!  He loved it!  This image is from the Gnomes At The Beach clear set at Whimsy Stamps, and it pairs brilliantly (I think!) with a sheet from the Mermaid 6x6 Paper pack also from Whimsy Stamps! I love their papers because after I get finished colouring the main image, I sometimes want to be done with the colouring and move on to making the card.  Not all the time, I do love colouring scenes too, but sometimes it's fun to have the perfect matching paper to make up a quick(er) card. 
I coloured the image with Copic markers, and went over parts of it with coloured pencil.  You can only get those fine lines with Copics if the markers are older and the tips are actually getting worn down, or if you've got a super-power and can hold a newer marker tip just above the paper and gently "kiss" the page with a sweeping motion (not for the faint of heart, lol!).  At any rate, I do love to finish off some details sometimes using coloured pencils.  After that I fussy cut the images out (I cut the fringe off the guy gnome's towel too and drew it back in after I pasted the image down).  Thanks for looking, and links are all below:

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment