Sunday, December 19, 2021

Christmas Deer

If you haven't seen my post from yesterday, would you please scroll down? It's an important post about my nephew's plight.  His home and his relatives' homes and farm property/equipment were devastated by the recent floods in BC.  He has a Go-Fund-Me that is asking for donations to rebuild their lives.  Please, if we all chip in, we can help these families.  Even if all you can give is a couple bucks, please, do so. And please re-post the Go-Fund-Me page on all your social media to help spread the word.  If that is all you can do, I would so appreciate that as well.  Everything they owned was ruined by the muddy waters that engulfed their homes for many days.  Please, please help. Even if you can't give anything, re-posting it will help too! Thank you! 
Now, on to the card details!
 This is a remake of a card I did a few posts back, only this time, I made it purple for my purple-loving daughter.  Every year I make at least one purple card and it always goes to her.  She always loves it too!
In case you didn't see the other one, this is a deer from the Christmas Deer set at Whimsy Stamps. 
After I coloured the deer with Copic markers, I masked it, and then I sponged on some Distress Oxide inks to fill in the purple sky. I spritzed it with water to create the water stains, then spattered the Copic White with a paintbrush for the snowfall.  I used some stamps from the Dash Away set to create a town off in the distance below the deer. I stamped them first on a scrap of paper to get rid of some ink, so that they would look a bit faded, and as a result, appear more distant.


Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment