Thursday, November 28, 2019

Penguin Baker

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends! I love any excuse to get together with family, and so although I am not American, I will be having a Thanksgiving gathering this weekend with family and it is going to be a feast! So excited. I will bring some goodies to contribute and it's going to be a fun and delicious time!
This is my Penguin Baker, (red rubber as well as digital from Whimsy Stamps) and she is all ready for her gathering with her scrumptious apple pie, fresh from the oven. I decided to make a kitchen scene and let me tell you, it was not an easy task! I am a bit adverse to rulers, but I knew I had to use one if I was going to get my lines anywhere near straight! So after I penciled it in lightly, I coloured it with some very light Copic cool greys as well as some E40 and 41. I am glad I did it because this card makes me very happy with the way it turned out.  It was really simple to add the chipboard sentiments  and I really love using them. I just sprayed them with some glue to adhere them.  The paper behind the image is a print out from a super cute digital pack, also from Whimsy called "Dino Friends

The background and image are coloured with Topics and then afterwards I used some coloured pencils on the black parts of the penguin just to cheat a bit to get some gradations smoothed out a bit. I love how this one turned out! 
Hope you guys have a great holiday time! 
Thanks for looking!
OH P.S., there's a Black Friday sale on at Whimsy Stamps right now, so go get em while the discount is still on!  Then Monday there's a sale on all things digital! Have fun shopping!



2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet image Crissy and a beautifully created design. Happy Thanksgiving to you from me in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet penguin! I think you should make your drawn in kitchen a stamp; it’s terrific!

    ReplyDelete