Monday, December 28, 2009

Baby's First Christmas

Ellie Christmas front

I know, I know, Christmas is finished for this year, and I should get over it, right? ;-) I can't help it, I'm still in the spirit of it all. I made this card for my first grand-daughter who will be born in early February! I'll give it to her Mommy and Daddy next Christmas (my son Nik and DIL Alla).
I used "Baby Elephant", a digital image I did for Squigglefly. I also printed off the "Santa Hat" I drew for them too, and cut and pasted it on.
What I love about using my digis, is I can re-size them any size I want. Plus I don't ever concern myself with getting a perfect image. The printer does it perfectly every time!
I used the following Copics to color:

C1,2,4.6
R11, 81,83
BV20
RV10

I had some fun with some new Martha Stewart punches to create the lacey layers. Which, by the way, were a challenge for me, because they are all white! I really wanted to do white on white, as I always think it looks so elegant when I see other cards in that style. However, I had the hardest time! I kept reaching for pink and grey paper. I'm so glad I disciplined myself and stuck to my original plan, because I like how it turned out!
Also, if you have a Scor-Pal, I suggest getting the little Scor-bug. I got it from Scrappin' Great Deals here in Ontario, and it is what I used to do the pierced holes along the sides. It is so easy to do, way easier than lugging the big sewing machine! Though it only creates the holes, it doesn't use thread. You just run it up or down the scor lines on the Scor Pal and suddenly you have a straight row of piercing! It takes mere seconds!
I am still getting used to using the Bow Easy (also from SGD), but I'm getting there! That's how I made the triple bows in the corners.
BTW, if you are a Canadian paper crafter and you haven't heard of SGD, you are totally missing out! They have super awesome sales going on all the time and really fast and friendly service. I have been ordering online from them for over a year now, and I have never been disappointed. And, I think I have saved oodles of cash with their sale prices (don't ask me how much I have spent in order to save oodles! lol) ! I don't work for them, I am just a really happy customer and I wanted you to have the opportunity to become one too.

Ellie Christmas close

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I know I did! I was spoiled rotten, and I am amazed at the blessings God showered on me, both in material and spiritual blessings. He is just the biggest Giver of them all!
God bless you!

PS Thanks Deb for the pink ribbon!

33 comments:

  1. LOVE the Elephant card, too cute!!!

    Sound like you had a grand Christmas, Happy New Year to you if I dont get a chance to say it later on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Crissy!
    I love this elephant, he's just cute and your new punches.
    Your colouring is awesome as always.
    I'm sure, baby and his parents will love this card, it's a little treasure.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooooohhhhhhhh I am in love........with an elephant she is sooooo gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thanks for nice comments on my blog it made me so happy...
    Your card is so sweet, love the soft colours. The image is so cute.
    Have a nice day, Linda:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Crissy and great idea to add the hat, you are definitely on the ball for next Christmas lol.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just precious Crissy! Wow, your granddaughter will be here really soon! Bet you are excited!

    I love your card! I'm glad you stuck with the white too, and I love the bit of pink shading around the edge of the image panel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crissy, this is sooooooo sweet!! I just love the darling image and all the lacey punches and pink satin make it such a perfect girly card!! Gorgeous! So happy you had a wonderful Christmas!! hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Crissy....this is adorable! I had no idea you were going to be a gramma!! Congrats!!! It's coming up quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh wowww Crissy,what a beautiful card,i love your image and colours.
    So beautiful papers and details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Crissy! This is too cute...I am just in love with this image! Your colouring is, as always, so perfect!! My son LOVED elephants as little boy...we were overrun by elephant toys!! You definately pulled off the white-on-white effect...so very pretty. (psst..I'm still getting used to my Bow Easy too...takes a bit before it becomes "easy"!!)

    Take care!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crissy, this is just the most adorable card, love the layout, and the coloring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable, Crissy! Your elephant is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card. So pretty. I love both the image and the colour scheme.

    Judi xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute! This card is sooo sweet. The colouring is amazing. I luv the pretty ribbons you used on the card.

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! I LOVE this. LOVE LOVE the colors and that image, which you colored BEAUTIFULLY! Love your work! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Crissy, this is just oh so beautiful, perfect for a baby, so soft.
    Michelle N

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is the cutest thing! Pretty amazing that you've already created her card before she's arrived. You'll have to write down the story for her,she'll want to know some day.
    Happy New Year
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got an error message when I went to post my comment so here goes again - but maybe you'll get it twice now! Such a beautiful card and I love the pretty punched lace layers and the soft pink and white colours. I just noticed your doggy pics - such a coincidence! We had a tri-colour cocker spaniel called Avro and now we have Aero and Piper, both named after aeroplanes!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an adorable card for a wonderful occasion Crissy! Love the image too and that precious little pink hat! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh I love love love this card sweetie, love how you have used the two images to make one superb card. Amazing colouring and superb detail. Hope you had a good Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  21. How serioously cute is this?!?! I love it! What a special card for your grand-daughter! February will be here before you know it. How exciting!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you'll have a full "zoo" full of cute images by the years end, love the lion family and now an elephant!

    This elephant shows pretty in "pinks!"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! I really love what you've done with the punches !

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so sweet! The blessed couple are going to love it! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Crissy, another lovely image, you are a such talented artist! Happy New Year to you and your family, all the best for 2010!
    Hugs,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  26. my mouth always falls to my knees when i see your gorgeous work! it's been wonderful having met you this year on the Squigglefly team.

    wishing you a very happy, joyous and truly blessed new year.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an adorable card, Crissy!! I LOVE that image! I'm with you - Im not ready to move on from all those fabulous Christmas images just yet. There were several I didn't even get to so I'm thinking that I still want to ink them up and make cards for next year. (Ha!-there's only one hour left until next year.) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable card. I love how you color, very talented indeed.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  29. Crissy this is so CUTE! I LOVE it! You will love being a Grandma...can't wait to hear you. We just talk and talk about those grandbabies! lol Bias?! no! HA! lol
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely stunning card Crissy and your Son and DIL are going to love this card, it's so cute and perfect for a little girl's first Christmas. The white and pink are just gorgeous, love white on white layers with just a hint of colour too and you've done it superbly. Great idea with the Santa hat! Hugs to you my friend, Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh Crissy, how precious is this! Love your little lady and the card design!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Delicate, adorable and oh so sweet! The flower frame is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so sweet and pure Crissy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete