Sunday, February 15, 2009

NEW RELEASE!! HHC18; Hoppy Easter & 4 Blog Candy alerts!!

The new release from High Hopes is now officially in the catty for you to see! There are lots of farm themed stamps with all the farm animals, a farmer and farm kids, a pizza guy, many bunnies for spring or Easter, and some cute little girls too!
I had the most fun drawing the farm themed stamps. When I was a little girl, I used to stare up into the night sky, while kneeling on my bed, clasp my hands, and pray really fervently that God would one day let me live on a farm with lots of animals!! So this theme is very dear to my heart!


The High Hopes Challenge today is brought to you by Nikki Fairbairn, aka Bunny Zoe's Blog. If you visit her blog you will see some HUGE offerings up for grabs in a draw that will take place Tues. Feb 24, 2009! This is her own personal offering of blog candy.
For the High Hopes blog site, she has asked us to make cards with an Easter theme and has titled this challenge, "Hoppy Easter". If you don't have Easter stamps, you can join in the challenge by making your card with a Spring theme, not a problem! There is an offering of blog candy again from Tina and Bethany of High Hopes stamps from the latest new release! Be sure to link up your creation onto the High Hopes Blog in order to be eligible for the draw at the end of the week for two free stamps from High Hopes!! Nikki's card on the HHblog shows the 2 stamps you will receive if you win...More yummy blog candy!
Now, onto my card; I colored the images mostly with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. The ground has some watercolored grass on it. Also, I added gold gel pen to the cow bell and stickles to the handle of the basket and inside the ears. Maribelle cow, Bunny Ears and Easter Basket are separate stamps; the ears were cut out and glued down, the basket was cut out and put on pop dots. I love that the bunny ears and basket can go with just about any of the characters I have and turn them into a fun Easter image!
I felt like sewing different patterns onto the card today and I happen to like the effect! Kind of fun to let your imagination run a little sometimes. Like the cow.... She thinks she is fooling everybody into thinking that she is an Easter bunny. Nobody but nobody believes her.
Oh, and by the way, God answered that prayer for me! For awhile I lived with my sister on her farm, had my own horse, and took care of the animals all day long. I was in HEAVEN!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Hugs and blessings!

4 Blog Candy Alerts!

High Hopes Challenge 18

Papercrafts byrach

Inky Paws closed Tues. Feb 17, 10 AM CT

Bunny Zoe's Blog

23 comments:

  1. o bless Chrissy you maribelle cow looks so sweet..even though she is fooling no one..lol..
    an adorable card. love your stitching as well as your awesome colouration.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He fooled me!! He looks JUST like the easter bunny!! LOL I love this card. I love the sitching and your little easter scene is just awesome! I am having so much fun with this release!!
    Oh, by the way, for some strange reason...when my daughter was a baby, she was in love with anything "farm animal". When learning to talk, any animal with 4 legs was a "cow"!! You would have thought we lived on a farm!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Crissy, she is the cutest thing - I just love that she is pretending to be the easter bunny ... and why not!! Beautiful colouring, you bring so much life to your cards :o)
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card. I adore your colouring and the new stamps look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute Crissy- love the cow turned bunny LOL! I also love all the different stitching on the card, adds alot of character to it. BTW- so glad God answered your prayer too :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. very sweet image, this is so fun and the card is beautiful!
    have a great day! Debx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crissy, this card is so lovely, i love new HH images. This cow is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just adorable Crissy and your colouring of Maribelle is gorgeous, I just love her cute bunny ears, Love the stitching design. Must get my machine out.. you know it scares me!, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, what a funny stamp. Beautiful card you made with it !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. EXCELLENT cow Crissy! I love the bunny ears!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally adore this card Crissy!! I just love those bunny ears on this cow...your coloring is Fabulous...and your accents are Wonderful!! So you are a farm girl at heart...me too...I lived on a farm as a child....when my parents moved to town...I just hated it...but luckily got to spend summers at my Uncles farm!....Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable! She just melts your heart! Wonderful creation! Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beautiful, i love it.

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun and wonderful card! You really put a smile on my face. Love it! Kram - Anki
    PS. Thank you for the sweet comments on SCS for Anki's Sweethearts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an adorable card Crissy, could have fooled me too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you again for your sweet comments regarding Anki's Sweethearts. It really means a lot to me. Wish you a wonderful weekend! Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are indeed blessed with so much talent.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, so adorable Crissy, your painting is incredible!!! A fabulous design as well!

    ReplyDelete