Friday, February 27, 2009

Jan's own work of art!~ and SNOW

My daughter Jan (see side bar for photo) made a card for her boyfriend yesterday and she let me take a picture of it and put it on my blog! I did not help her, except to tell her where things were in my art room, and how my CB machine worked. She did it all herself! Isn't it cute?

And here is the inside:

I'm so proud of her! She stamped the heart balloons and Matchmaking Maynard with Versafine Onyx Black on Canson 140 lb. cold press water color paper, and used my water based Tombow marker pens to color, blending with water on a wc brush. She drew and cut out a cloud shape on a post it note, and used it as a mask to sponge the sky. She cut out all the images and used two faced foam tape from the hardware store to pop the images out. Her idea for this card came from Rach of papercrafts*byrach! She loved her card here, esp what Rach did with the baloons, and so she cased that idea.
The tag on the front and the heart inside were done with my CB and Nestabilities dies. She had fun with my new toy and it was fun for me to share it with her!

On another note, we had a big dumping of snow lastnight, and this morning I just had to take some photos to show you just how much snow we have! This is s picture taken out my front door of the steps leading up to our house. You can see the narrow path Mike shoveled, just so he could get down the stairs. Those barren twigs sticking up out of the snowbank are my five foot high rose bushes, just to give you an idea of the depth of the snow.

I took this photo from my upstairs bathroom window. You can see our chiminea sticking up, and the small black object to the left and slightly above the chiminea is the only corner you can still see of our pup trailer that we use to haul things. You can see the neighbor's fence line, but you can't see the fence anymore, just the very top of it.

I also took this shot from above looking out the window. Mike had to put on his snowshoes just to walk in our yard. He had to get to the fireplace exhaust to shovel it out, as it was completely covered. This is a very dangerous thing, one can die in the house from carbon monoxide poisoning if the exhaust is blocked. Thankfully my dear Sweetie got to it right away! You can see how he is bracing himself and pulling himself up into the fenced in area (its the dog's toilet area, normally) just to get on top of the snow. That fence is about six feet high, to give you an idea of the height of this snowfall!

Notice how he towers above the six foot fence!

This is my neighbor's backyard. That gazebo has an awful lot of snow on the roof!

Another pic from our front door.

16 comments:

  1. WOWWWW!!! Look at all that SNOW!! Send some MY way... it was a miserable 86 degrees here yesterday. UGH.

    And super cute card, Jan!! Love the floaty clouds and wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Anna, saying UGH to 86 degree weather....while we're suffering in all the white stuff, lol!!! Not too bad here....now it's just raining a lot but it's hovering near the freezing mark so it's been icy which is not good! That *is* a lot of snow, good thing Mike has snowshoes, lol! And I love the card Jan did, although I'm not surprised that it turned out so fabulously.....she's got the gene!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughters card is Gorgeous!! and Super Cute!!...She did an Amazing job...beautiful coloring and dimension!!..So Talented!!...like her Mother!!

    Wow!! now that is a ton of snow!!..I thought we have a lot of snow...but that is Amazing to get at one time. Our temps here right now are very cold....-32 this morning...and a windchill warning on top of that...No sign of global warming here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, we didn't get ALL of it lastnight!! We already had about two and a half feet or more. But we did get about a foot more whilst we slept!
    Thanks for the compliments! I'm gonna show Jan what everybody is saying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell Jan she created an awesome card...following in her mama's footsteps for sure.

    I cannot fathom that much snow. I'm originally from sunny, warm Florida...in Charlotte, NC we get snow occasionally...actually the possibility of some is on the horizon for this Sunday....we'll see. It certainly won't be like what you have.

    stay warm and happy stamping, a wonderful indoor activity.

    sharon h

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow on both the crazy amount of snow and the awesome card Jan made! She obviously gets her artistic talent from you! Her coloring is gorgeous and I love all the popped up elements and wonderful sponging! Fantastic card! Good luck digging out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! that IS snow! Isn't it such fun to share the crafting gift with someone and help them create. Praise God for the talents and opporunities he gives us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jan's card is just fabulous.. You must be so proud of your daughter and she is super talented like her Mum, I just love the clouds she has sponged and her colouring is gorgeous, Wow again at the other pictures.. all that snow! I'll have to show the girls these in the morning, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jan~ Your card is awesome!! You did a great job colouring! I love that little dragon!
    Chrissy~ Did I hear that you are going to the copic course next month!?
    and...
    WOW thats a lot of snow!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, your daughter's card is fabulous!


    Look at all that snow, I thought we had it bad, btu I guess I can't complain now:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness - this card is wonderful - it looks as though she definately follows in her mother's footsteps. What incredible colouring - a total natural! Well done sweetie
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sure hope we don't get your snow here in Southern Ontario!

    Jan made a lovely card and I'm sure her BF will love it.

    My daughter's name is Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my word Crissy, Jan has made an awesome card, love it, so sweet that she cased my card,(i think that hers is way better than mine). her colouring is fabulous and the way she has sponged the sky is so clever, i wouldn't have a clue.. wow one very talented young lady.. obviously she takes after her mum..
    and what an enormous amount of snow!!! amazing photo's.
    my kids would be in their element.
    hugs Rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhh Jan's card is sooooo CUTE! Fantastic coloring and love the clouds background! She has alot of talent!TFS
    Hugs,Connie

    ReplyDelete
  15. A totally fabulous card Crissy, Jan gets her talent from her Mama! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete