Saturday, February 14, 2009

HIGH HOPES HULLABALOO take 3!

The new release starts late tonight!! Over 75 new stamps going into the catty over at High Hopes, Sunday Feb. 15, right after midnight, EST!
I have another sneak peek for you today! How do you like my old buzzard on the joshua tree?

I colored him with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, and used Twinkling H20's to deepen the shadows. Tombow pens were used on the party hat.
I hand wrote the saying and got the idea for a flag-like tab for the sentiment from Anna Wight. She does those a lot on her cards and I love it! Lacey Stephens inspired me today with this beauty of a card with the way she used her sewing machine. So I went a little nuts with mine, kinda like she did and I love the effect! Only I used white thread and it doesn't show up nice like hers. I will have to use a colored thread next time! This card does double duty, not just for the High Hopes Hullabaloo, but also the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers today.
Hope you're liking the new releases so far! I sure had fun drawing them!!
TFL and God bless you!

13 comments:

  1. I NEVER get tired of looking at your colouring Crissy. It's absolutely amazing. you've made this buzzard look so REAL!
    A fabulous card so vibrant and the stiching is a bonus!!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho Crissy, just loving all the new images so far and can't wait for tonight to see them all!! You have coloured this so brilliantly - such brilliant colours. Loving all your details ... the fibres through the button, the sewing and I especially love how you have coloured your balloons ... will be referring back to this card for hints next time I need to colour a balloon. Have a great valentine's day and weekend
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crissy this is spectacular... i absolutely adore how you colour your images... wish i was as good. loving all the new stamps.. gonna have to raid my piggy bank.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who'da thunk a vulture could be cute?! This is just adorable! I love the ground you added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Crissy, ALL THREE of your sneak peek cards are gorgeous, makes me want to run down my mailman for not having delivered my stamps yet! Because it's all his fault! LOL!! I can't wait to get them & have no idea what I'll play with first. Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable, Crissy!! Your coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome and your colouring leaves me in awe. The image is so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Crissy, this si oustanding!! Love the ground too, very fun, never thought a buzzard could eb this cute, but you definitely have the magic!!

    Alrady have my order in too, so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is just so much fun! I love this card. You did an awesome job with the stiching!! Glad I could inspire you! This guy is just so funny! I love all of the fun layers and papers!!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, who sent you that picture of me? LOL! So adorable Crissy, your painting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete