Monday, December 9, 2019

Penguin Lean On Me


Hi there! Got another one done, yeah! All products are from Whimsy Stamps, the company I draw for on contract, and have enjoyed working with for a little over ten happy years now! 
I used another penguin from the Penguin Lean On Me set, as well as a hat which I fussy cut and pasted on, from the Happy Owlidays  set! I coloured the image with Copics and used a bit of black and grey coloured pencil on the body, and pink on the cheeks to polish it off.  The greeting is chipboard also found at Whimsy
I carefully drew the background in very light pencil lines first, and then coloured it in using some really light Copics - W00, 0, 01, YR30, E40, and some darker greys for the tree trunks and branches - W3, 4 and 5.  I had to not colour where ever I wanted to have snow on the trees.  That was the hard part, saving the white of the paper for my snow. The hat colours are R20, 24, 27, 29, 39. 
I used the Snow Dangle stencil and a red pencil crayon to make the background paper.  
Here is your closeup:

Thank you so much for looking!

4 comments:

  1. He's so cute! The shine on the Penguin is once again amazing..no matter how hard I try I just don't manage 😫😫😫.
    XxIrene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Crissy love it how it turn out. Thanks for shaming the colors you used.

    Hugs,
    Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW Crissy love the penquin. You are really amazing how you color it .

    Hugs,
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pure joy on this sweet face. I just love this set Crissy and this sweet wee penguin particularly. The way you captured the joy in this sweet image is pure magic. Stunning image and stunning creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete