Sunday, November 5, 2017

Special Edition Snowman and Penguins

I hardly ever make a one layer card, but this one was such a complicated scene that I felt any embellishing or layers would take away from it, rather than add to it. This is a Special Edition of my Snowman and Penguins illustration that I did for Whimsy, which is being used to teach a colouring class at Kit and Clowder.  
Coloured first with Copics and then with some Prismacolour Pencils on top of the snow.
I finished it off with making a light snowfall with my white gel pen. 
I entered this into the Christmas Challenge for September, in which you had to use trees, snowy outdoor scenes, or a Christmas tree! 
Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. wowzers I just love this whole scene, fabulous colouring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crissy, this is so stunning! I love the play of light on the snow and the snowman. Incredible colouring!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love the snow falling on the scene. Lovely coloring. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already purchased. And signing up for the pencils class. This card is beautiful. I love your images...you are so talented!! I have several digital and rubber stamps. Your images make my handmade cards look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Crissy, words don't seem adequate ever for your amazing gift of drawing and coloring! What a combination! And I absolutely LOVE this "crew" you've drawn! They make me giggle...and I have signed up for the class but sadly haven't started it...yet! I will though because I've already done one class with Alyce, and she is amazing. And I have to definitely finish watching one of your videos. Oh, you have such patience, and I love listening to you. Hugs and love, sweet friend! (Will get back to you soon...just so much of life going on....) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you please make this stamp into a rubber stamp. I can not print digital stamps at home. I just love this stamps so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The colors are amazing - you've captured the perfect moment! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Crissy, words seem inadequate to respond to this masterpiece!! If you could hear my verbal expressions, you would know better how much I am in awe of this spectacular creation! My admiration for your outstanding artistry is off the charts! Crissy, you know that I LOVE your work, and am so appreciative of you sharing your remarkable skills in bringing your visions to fruition! Hugs, my friend, and thanks for brightening my day. Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs

    ReplyDelete