Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Christmas Elf

Here is a sneak peek at one of my latest rubber images for Whimsy - "Christmas Elf"! It will be in the Whimsy Stamps store very soon! (Sept 2017) Also coming are the holly dies I used on this card in a nice set of Christmas branches, so check the store on Thursday Sept 7th!
I used some of Tracy's gorgeous Christmas paper (digital) found at the Whimsy Store HERE
Also used a Spellbinders oval die for the main image, and a flourish die (the flourish at the bottom). I made the poinsettia with the Build A Poinsettia Die from Whimsy.
The red wrinkly paper is some hand made paper I got a long time ago in a pack at Costco. 
Here is the Copic list: 
Skin: E0000, 00, 11, V95, R30 blush
Reds: R17, 29, 89
Greens: YG01, 03, 05, 45 as well as Prismacolour Light Olive Green
Hair: E08, 15, 97
Blue ball: B32, 34, 37
Whites: B000, BV20
W00, 1, 3 as ground shadow
I also used Prismacolour Pencils over top the image in places to bring out more shadows and highlights.  So this is a mixed media image. 
I joined in a couple of challenges at Splitcoaststampers:
WT651 - In Three (I used three holly die cuts and the elf has a hat with three peaks)
SCSCCSEP17 - memories (I have a fond memory of seeing real (to me) elves on Christmas eve when I was around 6!)
And the Fussy And Fancy Challenge - Anything Goes, mixed media (I used Copics and Coloured Pencils)
Thanks for looking today!


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet and cheerful Christmas card...beautifully done Crissy!! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "Anything Goes Mixed Media! Good luck!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this doesn't make you smile nothing will! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete