Monday, April 24, 2017

Penguin Hugs

 Hi Peeps!  Here is "Penguin Hugs", one of my newer rubber images for Whimsy Stamps. 
I coloured the image on Hammermill 100 lb paper with Copics.  It has become my favourite paper for Copic markers, allowing me to layer with ease. 
I used a Spellbinders circle die to cut out the image layer.  
My paper background is actually a couple of digi sheets, one of which I "cut" virtually in my photo program into a circle (the light pink circle) and layered it atop the beautifully designed darker pink layer.  The light pink is from "Mint Green Light" digital pack, and the darker pink is from "Mint Green Dark" digital paper pack. So even though it was two sheets of digital paper, I only used one paper for printing, because I layered them virtually!
The Pages program made it easy to automatically centre the light pink circle overtop the dark pink background layer.  Then all I had to do was hit "print" and voila, it was done! Did I tell you that I LOVE using digital papers now?! SO easy and SO versatile and no more paper scraps or having to store paper pads!  It is all "virtual" and when you print it at the exact size you want, there is no waste! Tracy Wray over at Whimsy makes the most beautiful designer paper I have ever seen... so she keeps me very, very happy with her designs! The only caveat is that it does take a lot of printer ink; however, what you spend on printer ink you save from not having to buy actual paper pads - much of which you don't end up using, and then you have to decide how to purge it from your craft supplies.  Yes, I am a big fan of digital paper!
My "Heartfelt" is from the die set, "Sympathy Heartfelt and Condolences" (although in this case, obviously, I used "heartfelt" for a happier purpose!!) and also the word "wishes" from the "Birthday Wishes and Magical" die set.  Both sets are so versatile, and can be used in so many ways and for so many occasions.  Aren't they beautiful!?
"You're Sweet" sentiment comes from Various Occasions 2 Sentiments, also a digital set at Whimsy.
Here is the Copic list: 
Grass - G21, 24, 28
Penguin on left: C0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0
Penguin on right: W0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
Feet: YR12, 14, 27, E39
Whites: E40, E70, E50, RV93, BV20, 0
some RV's on the flowers
R30 for penguin's blush (plus 0 to blend it)
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment