Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sneak Peek at new digi's and pre-coloured images!

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I have created a card with one of my pre-coloured images for Whimsy and this is your first sneak peek at it.    You can get this image I call, "Touched by Love" starting tomorrow, Dec 1st at Whimsy Stamps.   I'll be involved in their digi release blog hop tomorrow, so be sure to check back for that.  Denise will be giving out lots of blog candy to a lucky few, as usual.  :-D
This image will also be sold as a regular digi with no colour, so you will have the choice of either or.
The idea for this card came from Nina of Nina's Kreative Roteloft.  Her card inspired me so much I wanted to CASE it!  Isn't hers a beauty? 

The upcoming holidays esp put a lot of pressure on us to get cards made. And
sometimes, it is impossible to make a card for everyone on your list, just for
sheer volume.
The pre-coloured images offer a workable solution to that problem!
I brought the image into iPhoto and used a matte effect to give it a faded oval frame.  Then I printed it onto 90 lb water colour paper and cut it out using a Spellbinders oval die.  
The sentiment is also a sneak peek at one of Ann's new digi's soon to be released tomorrow. 
I brought it into Photoshop Elements 8 to fill in the letters with colour.  There was a little angel image on there as well and I decided to edit it out for my tag.  That's the beauty of using digi's.  Its so easy to alter them to your needs.
I'm also really happy to be using the snowflake die I helped illustrate for Whimsy! I call it, "Winter's Jewel". I drew the arms of the snowflake and one of the Whimsy artists (who knows Corel better than me) was able to line them up perfectly on a grid.  I just love how delicate it turned out!  
Here is a close-up of the pre-coloured digi as it appears printed on my water colour paper.  I did not give this one the faded oval (obviously!).  The one we're offering at Whimsy looks more like this one, in a rectangular format (minus the curved corners). 
For those who are curious, I painted my original on water colour paper using water based inks - a combination of Tombow pens and Distress inks were used.   
I find when I am printing these images, the colour is most vibrant when its printed on either glossy white card stock or photo paper.  When I printed it on water colour paper, the colours dulled a bit.   So I decided to intensify the colours in my photo program before I printed them again. 
 I found it a lot easier to decorate the inside of the card as well as the front with a pre-coloured image because there was no work at all to it. 
And you're getting another sneak peek at some of Ann's new digi's with this frame and sentiment!  I brought the frame, which is sold as a black and white image, into Photoshop and added colour using the paint bucket.  It was done in a snap and easy peasy too! 
I also coloured up some of the words on the sentiment layer, then put the two of them together.  Ann always does her frames and sentiments with a transparent background, so layering them is a cinch.  
And I just love being able to change the colours on them with the touch of a button.   For those who do not want to layer the frames and sentiments, she also sells them already put together, so there's literally no work to do.  Just bring it into Word, resize, and print!
Here is a close-up of the sentiment and frame:
Come back tomorrow for the blog hop and a chance at blog candy!  You'll see a ton of new image by all the Whimsy artists!  Mel of Meljen's Designs has also got some of her images coloured up to sell as well.  But all the digital images are also offered as black and white line drawings, as usual.  Its just that now you will have a choice!
Thanks so much for popping in to say hi.  Take care!




11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Crissy,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always. Your talent is amazing and I love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    I am really impressed with the work you have done in photoshop and how your card(s) have turned out.
    They are simply gorgeous. How wonderful to be able to make a card so quickly and have it be so very beautiful.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoi Crissy, that is indeed very beautiful!! Love what you did with them!! Greetings, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning work as always Chrissy :0)....i love your new images,keep up the brilliant work!

    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woman, you do such beautiful and wonderful work and you have FAB ideas. TFS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crissy I got this one two and I am so excited. I love your images. What a wonderful card you made, You really stir up my stamping juices :) hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete