Friday, November 26, 2010

One More For the Stash

Hello there!  Just wanted to share a card I made to add to my Christmas stash.  I used a stamp I illustrated for Whimsy Stamps called, Santa's Midnight Snack.   The gorgeous dark green background paper was designed by Ann Vento of Raindrop Echo Designs and can be found HERE in the "Very Merry" pack.  Ann and I partnered together to design the papers and had a lot of fun.  We plan on doing more in the near future.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges: 
Paper Cutz Challenge: Anything Goes
SCS Free For All: Just Desserts 
No Time To Stamp: Black Friday (use black)
Crafty Creations Challenges: Christmas is Coming
Freshly Brewed: Winter/Christmas
For Fun Challenges: Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: Go With The Flow (make anything you want)
ABC Christmas Challenge: X is for Xmas, optional flowers
Creative Belli Blog: R - Red, Ribbon, anything R
Stampin 'B's: Holiday Card
Delightful Challenges: Flower Power
Papertake Weekly: Cut It Out (die cut or punches)
Cute Card Thursday: Blast from the past (use one of their older challenges.  I chose Metal Mania, challenge 100 for my metal brad, metal chain and charm and the metallic gold dots on red paper)
I coloured Santa with the following Copics:
Santa hat, red striped pjs: R35, 37, 89
White stripes: E50
Candy canes: R35 and Copic White.  Plus I added red stickles on the red parts.
Bunny Slippers: R43, 37, B41, 60 and blender pen to remove colour to make the "fuzzy" look
Cookies: E31, 33, 13, 17
Santa's skin: E00 11, R20. 21
Santa's beard and hair and white hat trim: 
E50, W1, 3, 4
Plate: B21
Apron: C0, 2 plus blender
Background: G40, W00, 1, 3, 4, 5
I used clear Stickles on the pom and while it was still wet, I sprinkled Prisma Glitter on as well for extra glam. 
I spritzed the whole thing with Smooch spray and tried to pick that up with the angle shot, but the sparkle does not show.  :-(  In real life, it really glitters all over!  
I made the poinsettia flower with a die - can't remember the brand now... lots of dies and a punch used... any questions, just shoot me an e-mail (my addy is on the watermark).
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the U.S.! 


39 comments:

  1. Crissy this is one of the cutest images I have ever seen!!!! The bunny slippers!! OMG!! I haven't bought much this entire year due to budget constraints, but this is a must have!! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way cute! love the santa image :) thnks fo rharing with us at papercutz and craftycreations :) shellydt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Isn't it Adorable. Those slippers are just soooo cute too. LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card Crissy, love Santa's slippers.
    That paper is lush x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous Crissy!! Santa looks awesome and your card is just fantastic!! I hope all is well with you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww its fantastic.....just love that image and gorgeous papers :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crissy, this is so adorable hun!! I love your coloring and his fuzzy slippers!! LOL!! Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy your weekend!!HUGs

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful card Crissy,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoWzA, this is fabulous!

    Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply "Black Friday" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww this is SO SWEET, I love love love this Santa.. yum I love cookies too he he xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. And look at those fun slippers, isn't he TDF :)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my what a fabulous card. That image is so cute. The bunny slippers made me chuckle out loud. Thanks for sharing at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful card. Such gorgeous colours and cute image. It's lovely to see how you used the theme cute it out. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't beleive you designed this adorable image! Who can resist a Santa with bunny slippers on? I can't! It's a beautiful card and everytime come back to look at it, I see something I missed the first time. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very cute! Loving this entire design!!! Your illustration as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the bunny slippers! He looks so happy to be about to dive into that plate of cookies with his glass of milk! Great card.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really lovely!!! Thank´s for joining the challenge at Fresh brewed design this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute can it be! Just adorable. Great card full of many wonderful details...love those slippers. So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card Crissy! The image is so funny and your details are wonderful.
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow wow wow! Love this card! I can't take my eyes off that Santa and how perfectly you colored him! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a cute image and a Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card, Crissy! Your Santa is adorable, the papers and flower beautiful and I love all the fantastic details! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautifully coloured image and love the layout and dp you have used. The flower is fantastic.

    Thanks for joining in with us over on ABC Christmas Challenge

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card! The image is very cute and you colored it purrfectly. The 3D flowers and the charm!!!! Thanks for sharing with PCC

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous. Wonderful image and wonderful details. And your coloring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week x

    ReplyDelete
  27. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thank you for joining us at FBD this week.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen!! Those shoes on Santa are so cute and funny!! I love the charm. It just adds so much!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. gorgeous card Chrissy I love the image you're so talented! I love the little santa charm too thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Crissy, we're always so glad to have you play with us in the Belli Challenge. Your cards and designs are fabulous, girl!! Love the RED of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for playing along in our Christmas challenge at Crafty Creations with your fab project! Good Luck! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just love all the little details you added Crissy! Oh and his slippers are just darling. Thanks for joining us at The Hodge Podge Shop this week!

    Hugs - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautifully colored and beautiful card. Love this Santa. I love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous Christmas card Crissy, he's so adorable! Love those bunny slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This so adorable, Crissy! Love your illustration and your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Challenges!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  36. I LOVE this card! The image is just adorable and you colored it perfectly. I am in awe of the fuzzy slippers. All the details on the card make it just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is a beautiful card! Looks like he just woke up from a long nap! Love your dp and your coloring is fab! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this weekend at the Hodge vineyards Shop! There Hope to see you again soon. BTW, I have candy on my blog if you’re Interested.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Adorable image, love the way you colored him and the Charm so cute! Love the poinsettia, as always just stunning!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete