Monday, May 24, 2010

Special RAK and Free Image!


Hi Precious Peeps!  I have a special RAK request to mention today.  Lisa, who is one of my designers for Sundays With Crissy (boy, am I lucky to have her on board!) and also designs for Whimsy Stamps (among many other companies!) has asked us stampers to send a cheery card to her sister Jayme.  Sadly, Jayme has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.  Lisa is offering up a huge blog candy giveaway and all you have to do to be eligible to win it is send a card to Jayme, and post a link to your creation on Lisa's blog, and post a link to Lisa's RAK request on your own blog.  Here is the link to Lisa's post with all the pertinent information, including Jayme's mailing address, in case you're interested.   She is asking that we refrain from "get well" cards, and instead requests that we use frog images, or just something humorous, to make her smile.  

 I got inspired and so I drew this special little froggy gal.  I call her, "Beach Baby Jayme" in honour of Lisa's sister!  
Denise and I are offering it for FREE  through Whimsy Stamps to anyone who wants to use it.    Just go to this link and click on the blue download button and it should automatically download into your computer.  If anybody has any problems, I can e-mail the file to you, so just shoot me an e-mail if you run into any difficulties.  Please continue to respect our wishes that you do not share digital files, even when they are free.  But send as many friends as you want (the more the better!) to the site so they can download their own.  Thank you!

I am not going to go into details about this card because I don't want this post to get too lengthy.  Only that I did use Copics to colour Beach Baby Jayme, and that I obviously had fun with my Spellbinder and Cuttlebug dies!

Here is your close-up.  Edited to add Copic List below: 



On frog's skin:
YR11, 13, 93, 95 Blender pen to create the white-ish dots for added texture
Swimsuit:
RV10, 32, 34, 95, B21, 23 YG00 and stickles on flower centers
Parasol:
RV10, 21, 32, 34, 95
Dotty ground and background:
RV10, RV00, R000, W00, 1, 3, 4, 5, T0, V000, YG0000, B21, Blender pen

Thanks for stopping by today! God bless you and keep you and shine His face upon you! Know that He loves you beyond all words! 






28 comments:

  1. Really awesome Crissy!! Amazing coloring xx Marley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crissy, I will enjoy using this image.

    Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toadly awesome Crissy!!!!! She turned out beautifully--your colouring is amazing my dear & your LO -- WOOOOWWWW!!!!!!
    Just coouring up my version--will post soon!!
    Hugs
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's an adorable image Crissy and so very sweet of you to draw this in Jayme's honor. I'll be keeping her and Lisa in my prayers.

    I love the swirly frame around your image! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an fabulous, fun froggie! I know it will certainly put a smile on Jamye's face. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome artwork with us. I will keep Jamye in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is just fabulous..Gorgeous details on this and awesome coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable amazing how sassy a frog can look.
    Love the layout with the embel,lishments.

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Crissy and such amazing colouring, your die-cut border is beautiful and is the perfect frame for this gorgeous image :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really cute image, Crissy!! Thank you so much;-)) Your work is amazing!!!

    Hugs, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Crissy I just love this cute little froggy,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the image Crissy, what a wonderful thing to do for a friend. I hope this froggy brings lots of smiles Jayme's way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the freebie and the info. I am going to hop over and find out the details about sending a card to her. I think funny cards and prayers are a great idea.

    Have an awesome day!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous card Crissy,i love your image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing frog Crissy...thanks for sharing...I'll love to use it...your colouring is so fab!.....I already sent a card to Jayme, so I'll use this frog for another occasion...and maybe I send her another card????
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable image; thanks for offering it up free. So sorry to hear about Jayme; will get a card sent off!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finally got my card done for Jayme! Thanks Crissy for being so generous-and caring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an adorable frog and such a good cause you are giving it for!

    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw!! This is so fun Crissy!! I plan to ink this image up this week. You have such a big heart. I am so sure Jayme and Lisa both appreciate your thoughtfulness. Gorgeous drawing, coloring and design!!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh goodness Chrissy... this is an adorable image and Jayme will be so honored!!! It's so sweet of you to share this for free and I will do my best to make a card for Jayme! I lost my own sister to lung cancer... so this is near to my heart! Fortunately I know my sis is in the presence of her Heavenly Father and her pain and suffering is no more... and I know I'll see her again one day!!! What a treasure our salvation and assurance is!!! Thanks for sharing this and I will try to get one off to her soon!!! Have a blessed weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for this lovely image! I made a crad today and will sent it out tomorrow to Jayme.

    THanks again.

    Hugs Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute froggie... thanks for the freebie. Once again, your colouring is just amazing. Jayme will love all her creations I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much! Very cute and so nice for you to share - this is my first attempt at digital stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh, how cute is this! Just love this Crissy, you're so talented girl!

    ReplyDelete