Friday, January 22, 2010

Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge: Be Inspired!

Be inspired a front


I am hosting the challenge over at Wags 'n Whiskers this week, and I chose to encourage everyone to "be inspired". Use someone else's creation to inspire you! Give them credit for the inspiration and link us back to their project so we can see their artwork too. You don't have to copy every detail on their work, but you can if you want to!  Just be sure to give them the courtesy of the credit and the link; that's only fair, right? ;-)
Today I chose to be inspired by Bev Rochester of "All The Things I Love" .  I am a huge fan of her work and have CASED her on more than one occasion!  I just love the way she uses embellishments to their maximum potential. 
if you click on the link to her blog, scroll down to the fourth photo to see the one I used for my inspiration.  
 I chose to use "Bear Hug" for my main image today.  I stamped it on Manga Drawing Pad in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with the following Copic markers:  
Background and wings: R000, 00, RV00
Bear paw pads:  R81, 83, 
Cheek blush and lips R22,  
Sash trim and bow: R37, 59
Skin tones: E000, 00, 01, 04, 11
Blonde Hair: E30, 50, Y28
Bear: E30, 31, 33, 34, 37, 39, 49
Dress: BG23, 32, 34, 72, 75
Ground shadow: W3
Shadow on wings: C3
Blender pen throughout


I did some sponging around the edges of the image panel with a brown Distress Ink (again, not here with me so I don't know the name, oops!)
I put two layers of Ultra Thick Embossing Powder on the main panel and then put it in the freezer.  About ten minutes later I took it out and immediately bent it so it would get the cracked glass look.  Its hard to tell in this photo so here is another one where you can see effect of the cracked glass technique:
Be inspired angle close


And here is a close-up of the coloured image:


Be inspired c close


The Wags 'n Whiskers Divas have been busy creating cards for this challenge so check out all their beautiful creations, and Be Inspired! (there's a complete link list to the Design Team on my right side bar).


Be sure to come back tomorrow, as I have something very exciting in the works... and I mean VERY! You will NOT want to miss this!!
That's all I'm saying!

21 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Chrissy!! What a wonderful case!! I love your dp, your gorgeous coloring with the cracked glass and the design with your choice of punches. What a great challenge this week!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is stunning Crissy - I am so honoured that you chose to case one of my cards, I am in awe of your talent and am doing a happy dance lol. Your colouring is fantastic, I love this image (my fave W&W image). Thanks for making my day mwah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Crissy! I LOVE the cracked glass with this image...so perfect!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Crissy! Love the vintage feel and the cracked glass technique too! Beautiful coloring and lovely details. What a great challenge theme too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great card Crissy--love the cracked glass effect and thanks for sharing how you did it. Your colouring is amazing too--love how you coordinated it so nicely with the DP.
    Have a blessed day!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful card crissy !!! I love it !!
    big hugs
    tina46

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crissy, this is just beautiful! I love your coloring, as always, and the cracked glass looks so neat with that image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crissy, this card is GORGEOUS!!! I love looking at your work up close, so thanks for the great pics. The crackle effect looks amazing! I could just stare at your work for forever. LOL! Thanks for all your inspiration! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Beautiful, I love the cracked glass, and your coloring is stunning! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crissy, Amazing card I love the way you have done the card making it look like cracked glass. I see what you are saying about shading. Thanks for the tip. Thanks for everything
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your card amazing Crissy, Your colouring and details are fabulous and I love the cracked glass effect, Thank you for hosting our challenge this week, Have a wonderful weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crissy What a gorgeous Card! I LOVE the coloring. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Crissy! Another masterpiece. I just love the colors you used for her dress - gorgeous. And what a great idea for a challenge. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent and for being such an inspiration. Hope you're doing well! Big hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!! Love the cracked glass, adds such a nice touch! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Crissy! Oh I just love your card! The colouring is awesome...I love the shading on the little girl's dress. The cracked glass effect looks beautiful, thanks for sharing the technique! You chose a great person to be inspired by, I love Bev's cards too!
    Hugs Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful! Love the colour combo, the gorgeous cracked effect and the fancy corners! stunning creation! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is incredible Crissy! A stunning card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So precious Crissy...just shows how sweet girls can be! Lovely coloring...beautiful!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  19. Didn't even realize it was cracked glass until I saw the second picture, just beautiful! Thanks for sharing your colors, loving that teal color, I think I have all those colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete