Sunday, April 19, 2009

Distress and De-stress!



This week's challenge is brought to us by our lovely Diva Divine, Kim Reid! She wants us to distress (our paper!) and de-stress (by being creative!). I love distressing the edges of my layers, whether by scraping it with a metal ruler or sponging with brown dye ink. Both ways are fun! Create along with us, link up a card to the High Hopes Blog, and your name will be entered in a draw to win two free stamps!
I used Copics to color my Norman Goat image and inked the edges with Chestnut Brown Distress Ink. Norman is from the Feb. release. DP by Basic Grey. Balloon Martha Stewart Punch on glossy cs. I had previously colored on the white glossy cs with a pink Copic marker and then added droplets of clear blending ink to give it an alcohol ink effect.



Thanks for looking today!
God loves you!

18 comments:

  1. oh hon this is just so adorable. I sooooooooooo love your coloring dear and your card is just awesome so love the distessing you done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! This image made me giggle, he's just adorable!
    Hugs, CHristine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card Crissy,l love the colours.

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a fun card love the image. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your distressing and your colouring is outstanding hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your distressing look fabulous Crissy, Must use this old fella soon, Gorgeous colouring, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi

    I haven't tried distressing yet but your card looks great, I think I will have a go. If it works for me, I will send it to you.

    Lin
    http://lins-cards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How precious is this old goat!!! I laughed out loud when I saw this one...I'm gonna have to get that stamp ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh - I love him! Wish I had him when my Dad turned 65;-) Your colouring is wonderful and so is your distressing to. Wish you a great week. Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great card Crissy - fab image! Great distressing - it scares me, lol, but you have done a wonderful job!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Crissy. You allready know I am you bigest fan, but everytime you suprise me again with a beautyfull card. Crissy don't ever stop making cards, your the best at it !! Greetings and hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is Fabulous Crissy!!...love the coloring, distressing...and that marbled balloon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card awesome Crissy and the image makes me smile!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so funny and so cute! Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! I do love the old goat! :) Calling someone an old goat is a huge joke in my family. I must have missed this guy when he was released! Must go back and take another look.

    I love the distressed look with him. It's great!

    ReplyDelete