Sunday, November 11, 2018

Turtle Christmas Lights

Hi People! 
I have a different sort of card today, but this sure was a blast to make! I stamped Turtle Christmas Lights (red rubber) onto a piece of turquoise card stock and coloured it with Prismacolour Pencils.  The turquoise base gave all the colours a cool, greyed down look, so that it actually gives the appearance of being an underwater scene!  Along the edges, I sponged on some Distress Oxide inks to give the water some gradations of colour.  The following inks were used: Faded Jeans, Peackock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Broken China.  A paper mask prevented the ink from getting on the turtle image.  I also added a very few swipes of white ink to show beams light coming down from  the top left.  The sentiment is from another new set, "Christmas Tidings", which is a really fun set as well. 
Thank you so much for coming by today!


1 comment:

  1. Wow. I never would have guessed it was coloured cardstock. I thought you'd coloured the background. Fantastic job. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete